Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Waiting for News

Those four days are mostly a blur in my mind – a blank. I have no idea, apart from my almost obsessive dark imaginings and occasional optimism, how I functioned, if I ate, what I read. I do remember going to friends for dinner on Friday night where the world of cancerous lumps seemed remote, irrelevant and even slightly ridiculous.

But I also recall receiving a phone call from the Herzliya Medical Center on Friday morning, asking me for my credit card details to pay for a laboratory test not covered by the health fund, a test they called Rh2. The little I could glean from the internet indicated that Rh2 inhibited cancer cell production. I think I knew what the answer would be on Sunday.

Otherwise, all I can remember of those four days was waking each morning with a churning stomach and ODing on DVDs.

No comments: