Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Thank You My Wonderful Friends

I’ve been overwhelmed by the affection of friends who’ve shared my anguish and reached out to support and comfort me with their emails, phone calls, vibes and prayers. I have had support from close friends, old friends, distant friends, almost forgotten friends, friends of friends and even virtual friends. There were times I answered the phone in despair and hung up in a spirit of hope and optimism.

For the women who’ve been through cancer and emerged healthy, thank you for your stories – each one serves to strengthen me because you’ve helped me to realize that it’s not only possible to survive but, as you exemplify, also return to a healthy and active life. Sharing your experiences makes me feel as if I’ve qualified for admission into a special club, which more and more women over time seem to be joining – it’s almost like a rite of passage.

For once, I have to admit that I can barely find the words that can adequately convey how grateful I am for you all

No comments: