Tuesday, June 12, 2007

May 7, 07. And Down Again

The following day, I met the oncology surgeon, Dr. Sigal Librant. She too examined my lump. "Even if the ultra sound had been OK, I'd say it's suspicious.' She explained that to use a needle to extract a sliver from the lump would be difficult to do because the lump was small - also, it would take three weeks for the results. Instead, she recommended removing the lump in its entirety. She got no argument from me, I was heartily sick of the lump by then and wanted nothing more than to excise it from my body. She made a note to herself, marking it Urgent, and gave me her phone number. She would set up an operation within the week, she said.

I called her on Thursday and she told me to be ready to come to the Herzliya Medical Center on Tuesday evening at 6.00. I was to fast from midday.

No comments: