Saturday, April 5, 2008

Appointment Looming

The countdown to my next appointment with the oncologist on April 13 begins. The appointment was arranged shortly after my last visit to Dr. Sarid so I was surprised to receive a second referral in the mail, shortly after the first had arrived. All the details, date and time, were the same, but the name of the doctor had changed. When I inquired, I was told that Dr. Sarid has left Rambam and that my new oncologist was a resident. I must admit to feeling slightly abandoned by Sarid, despite never having formed that close relationship with him that all the self-help books recommend. But there was something about having an oncologist whose name was Sarid, which in Hebrew means 'survival.'

My new doctor is a year behind Gabi. I hope that her lack of experience is counterbalanced by the desire to perform twice as hard - rather like those Avis ads from years ago.

I've been so involved with this disease, that it's with a slight jolt that I realize that this time last year I was still ignorant of what was growing inside me. The date of discovery was getting closer, though.

1 comment:

RivkA with a capital A said...

Good luck with the new oncologist!

Great picture!!

RivkA