Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm Fine

The absence of any entry for over a month can be interpreted to suggest that something seriously untoward has upset my life’s rhythms or that, conversely, life is too normal to warrant any entry at all. Happily, the latter is the case. Life has indeed changed since I received that horrible diagnosis, but, after all these months, it is obvious only in the details. I swallow Tomoxifen each morning instead of an HRT pill. I drink yoghurt derived from the dairy products of goats, rather than that of cows. In addition to the calcium tablet I’ve taken for many years, I now swallow two vitamin E capsules, drink green magma, chew a calcium pill and release four drops of vitamin D onto my tongue. (I gave up the black cohosh because it wasn’t making a dent in the frequency or intensity of the hot flushes.)

Vitamin D is the latest weapon of choice in the war against cancer. Various studies support the contention that vitamin D helps protect against many forms of cancer as well as other diseases. As a blood test revealed that I do indeed have a vitamin D deficiency, I’m happy to chew the pill and drink the drops to prove the theory.

No comments: